Tuesday, 2 May 2017

What I'm Reading in May

Posting reading intentions for the month seems to be popular with bookish bloggers. Personally, I've never really done this before. I have yearly reading challenges I take part in from the Goodreads group I'm part of and I tend to spectacularly over committ myself: in a series challenge a  couple of years ago I  decided to read every Rebus book, the entire Vampire Chronicles, a full Phillipa Gregory series and no less than five young adult trilogies, and by the end I was suffocating under the weight of my own terrible decision making skills.

Monthly intentions seem more manageable. Although, mine will be fairly vague to avoid that moment late in the month where I start to hate myself for making stupid choices.

What I'm Reading This Month

Firstly, I need to finish the two books I'm currently reading:


  • Hannah Witton - Doing It (on audiobook and which had come highly recommended)
  • Clare Furniss - How  Not to Disappear (after making some disastrous choices post-#SundayYAthon, I turned to a twitter poll for my next book and this won. Trust me to choose a story about an elderly gin-drinker with dementia on the anniversary of the death of my beloved grandfather who had Alzheimers and was fond of gin -further evidence of terrible life choices- but it's a good book so far). 


After these I need to tackle some of my library pile before the librarians hunt me down with a big stick for not returning them.



Ideally, I'd also like to read Laini Taylor's Strange the Dreamer. I've had this since publication day but have been putting off reading it because I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I still have a book hangover from that ending.

Do you plan your reading in advance and if so, how does this work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment