Thursday, 11 May 2017

Melinda Salisbury Broke My Heart (The Heart Collector : Review)


Melinda Salisbury broke my heart. Well, what was left of it after I finished The Sin Eater's Daughter trilogy.

When Melinda announced on Twitter that she was releasing The Heart Collector (short stories linked to the trilogy), I, along with every other fan, squealed incomprehensibly and immediately pre-ordered it. It did not disappoint.

There are three stories in the collection:
The King of Rats - telling the tale of the rats arrival in Tallith and the curse of the Sleeping Prince.
The Heart Collector - the story of the Bringer, Dimia's demise and the rise of the Sleeping Prince.
Mully No-Hands - the hilarious story of Mulgreen Grey (this one made me cry laughing).

The writing is exquisite; I love Melinda's use of colour and her world building.

An absolute must read for all fans of the trilogy. If you're not a fan yet, you really need to reevaluate that. Immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment